Atwater Pro

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Atwater Pro
From: Sharon Levy <esslevy@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 18:35:08 -0700 (PDT)
We had (a record?) 198 participants this year.

Frankly, Corey and I didn't know what we were getting
ourselves into when we agreed to co-chair the Atwater
ProSolo (especially when we naively thought, sure,
we'll have the yellow car up and running waaaaay
before the event).  We were relieved when so many
people pitched in  before, during and after the event.

Credit to the sucess of this event needs to be shared
among many people.

Many thanks to Andy, Vic, Elise, Pilar and Chris for
sharing their wisdom from the Tour held the prior
weekend.

Thanks also go to the crew (Pete Mottaz, Tom Grote,
Bryon Cipriani) that helped out Friday as we had mild
panic attacks redesigning the course what seemed like
6 or 7 times.  Especially to Andy and Chris again
helping with adding those few extra seconds of length.

Our 2 person tech crew of Jim Ochi and Rick Grefsrud
need a round of applause for teching all those
entrants in only 2 hours Friday and 1 hour Saturday.

During the event, both Roanne Jenks and Ellen
Rosenbluth hung around the site all day as Worker
Chiefs, though neither actually competed herself.
Lastly thanks to all who stepped forward to help
during the challenges, while many were packing it up
to head home and get out of the heat, especially Don
Ebaugh and Bryan Nemy who came down for just that
afternoon.

Forgive us if we've left you off, or didn't recognize
your work behind the scenes.  It's truly a great
organization when people are just coming up and asking
what they can do, or you notice that someone refilled
the coolers with water, or cut up sandwiches so that
Corey and I could take our runs, and we didn't even
have to ask.
Thanks again,

Sharon & Corey
Atwater Pro Co-Chair Newbies no more