RE: Scales at national events

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Scales at national events
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 16:04:57 -0700
But wait, I have to disagree with Josh's PS. I think in this case, there had to
be something like a 60 pound variance (I'm going by memory, and I don't know
the exact specifics). I know when my folks added the weight, they believed they
were well over the limit, and when they were weighed, it was only one pound.

Belief and fact are two different things, this is true. However, we're talking
about cars that have been run consistently in the same configurations for
YEARS, although it is entirely possible, though not plausable, that everyone
there tried to purposely lighten their cars. This we do not know.

Still, given the quantity of cars (it's not just one FF, 9 pounds under here),
and the amount of pounds their cars were off, it just looks suspicious, not
from a conspiracy angle, but that of maintenance perhaps? Where do you draw the
line? How much extra ballast should a competitor have on hand to make up for
scale inaccuracies? 200 pounds?

Katie K.