Re: is this a bad thing?

To: Greg Umbay <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: is this a bad thing?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:05:12 -0700
So that cut is on the inside edge of the tire?  I'm not a tire
construction expert, so I don't know if they would have different
sheets of rubber for the cap and the sidewalls.  I don't think so
though.  It looks to me like you slid across something sharp under
braking.  Ouch.  I wouldn't expect that to be covered under warranty
unless that's exactly where two pieces of rubber are bonded together
and have separated.  I don't see any sign of a seam or a change in
material on my ECSTAs.  Run it by Kumho anyway and see if that could be
related to the construction of the tire.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94