RE: Results from Round 6

To: "Lolita and Mike" <lomike@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Results from Round 6
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:53:26 -0800
Ha! So true.

The best birthday present I ever got was a ride in an AT-6 Texan. When I asked
the pilot "is it really safe to punch out these 50 year old aircraft" he
demonstrated that it indeed was by performing a full 30 minutes of combat
maneuvers. I saw the G meter in front of me hit the mid to high 5s a few
times. Even though my entire body was immobilized jello, I was feeling pretty
studly just being able to grunt hard enough to keep from passing out until I
realized that the pilot was going through the same G forces I was, and he was
flying an airplane at the same time (with a great deal of finesse, I might
add).

Puts it all in perspective.