Re: Time Trial at Thunderhill

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net, craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Time Trial at Thunderhill
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 13:22:41 -0500

Message text written by craig boyle

"What next? A (official and santioned) hillclimb up Mt
Hamilton July 4th weekend?

Craig"

SFR Region had an effective Solo I program operating for several years with
events at Sears Point, Laguna Seca, and Crows Landing. The SFR Regional
Executive in the early '90s killed it off. On purpose.

        If you want to put together a similar program again, I'm sure the
current RE will be interested. There will be some problems. A key one is
you'll have to really work at it and 2) there are no longer very many dates
available at either Thunderhill, Laguna, or Sears Point.
        Or you could do it through NASA. But that organization has the same
kind of people problems as SFR.
        SFR hasn't done a hillclimb for several decades. The last one in my
memory was at the Georgetown Divide site outside Placerville. Reno Region
had a hillclimb up the old road--U.S. 50--the Donner Summit climb.
        The Ferrari Club still stages its Virginia City Hillclimb. Not sure
if non-Ferrari drivers are allowed.

--John Kelly