Ahhh...Oversteer!~Autox Report

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ahhh...Oversteer!~Autox Report
From: "Debbie" <bartsmom@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:21:06 -0700
HA!!  I've been struggling with understeer since I've had my car.  Today I
found the cure!  I put my bald race tires in the rear and the bigger ones,
with tread, on the front.  Now I have all the oversteer I can handle, and much
more, as evidenced by my "performance" today ;0)...Now all I have to do is
learn how to drive with it...:-p

I did very poorly today but I had a great time nonetheless!!  I had one pretty
spectacular spin on the back stretch and a few almosts...Chris Warner (who
finished 3 seconds faster than me on street tires, damnit ;) gave me some
pointers on how to drive an AWD with oversteer.  I paid close attention and
next event I plan on putting him in his place ;^].

I really enjoyed the course and the view of San Francisco , along with the
nice breeze and friendly folks in ESP made for a real good time, and
hopefully, a really good learning experience pour moi...

Debbie, who felt like she was ice skating with her AWD Talon, right down to
the spins (I give that one a 10!)...