Re: Question regarding ambiguity in Novice rules

To: "Lolita and Mike" <lomike@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Question regarding ambiguity in Novice rules
From: "Debbie" <bartsmom@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 21:20:49 -0700
Wow!!  The SFR attitude seems to be exceptional!  I am looking forward to
"competing" (and I use that term loosely ;-) in my first slush series this
year...

I never ran Novice...I still qualify, but I won't run Novice.  I also have
yet to run in a Ladies class.  I will only do so only if I am competing with
a BF or co-driver with a big ego.  ;-))  No fun trophying with one or two in
your class :).

I concur with regards to kicking back, enjoying driving and the people you
meet...As bummed as I sometimes get if I do stupid $hit and drive poorly, I
still have a BLAST!!! driving.  It's the people and the love of the driving
experience that makes autoxing so much fun!!  When the competition becomes
all consuming, it's time to go away and do something different (IMHO).

I've worked time slips and have had an opportunity to see some VERY
"successful" (and I use that term loosely) autocrossers who seem to just not
be having any fun...too hung up in the competition...It makes me sad to
see...Axing has given me so much joy over the last 3 months or so, at a time
in my life when some joy was what I needed so badly.  Do it for the
joy...And if you whomp some heineys in the process...smile some more...

Just my 2 sense, from one with none ;)
Debbie
'95 Beagle Talon