Re: Tire Question

To: stingray@onth.com
Subject: Re: Tire Question
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 00:17:59 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/2001 10:17:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
stingray@onth.com writes:

Hi Mike:

I also have experienced some tire limitation frustrations regarding the E36
M3.
To stay in stock, you are supposed to run the stock size wheels in original
locations.  I assume in your case, 17x 7.5 in front, and 17 x 8.5 in rears.
You can run any size tire on those rims.  I wouldn't recommend Hoosiers
either for cost/wear ratio.  Kumhos as you said have limited sizes, although
the new model tire may offer something (Ecsta V700 ??).  Personally, I'd look
into the Toyo RA1, it's a R-tire, now offered in 235/40-17 (just for the
Bimmers some say).  Not the fastest tire, but excellent wear, good in wet,
and if you want to change tires are home, and drive to the event on the R
tires, this could be the ticket.  Just have to decide if you want to go
235/40-17 all around, or try a 245/40-17 in rear (if available).

Don Lew
DSP Supra
AS '99 M3