Re: Rules regarding stock stuff...

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rules regarding stock stuff...
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:25:12 EDT
jake_hodges@hotmail.com writes:

> I suppose I shouldn't ask if simply cutting a hole in the headliner would
> be
> legal now.  And I also shouldn't tell you I was planning on securing a
> second roof and gluing in some kind of inverted salad bowl arrangement so
> it
> would still be water tight to some degree.
>
> And actually, Charlie, I'd dig having a sunroof in my car so that I could
> see rain on it.  There are two companies that make tinted acrylic
> replacement roof panels for the del Sol..  If they weren't almost a whole

Here's what I was told by a Solo Events Board some years ago...  C&C applies
to things that people will do to make the car more comfortable or convenient
on the street.  For instance, I asked 2 questions at the time.  1) Can a gas
pedal be modified for better heel and toe? and 2) Can a seat be lowered on
its tracks for more headroom?  The answers were 1) No, it's not something a
driver would do for normal street driving.  2) Yes, because a tall person
WOULD do it to drive the car on the street.

However, as Solo Events Boards change, I would still get a clarification on
ANY C&C modification I planned to make.

Charlie