Re: Fw: CA Special Alert

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, Ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: CA Special Alert
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:02:34 -0700 (PDT)
Yea, but when I take an autox run, I feel very watched
by authority figures (cornerworkers) looking for any
reason to perescute me (call cone). I got used to it.

Seriously: airports are a different case. In general
you will be less watched. Coming from the UK to the
US, I was surprised that I had to carry a drivers
license, never mind it being photographic and widely
used as ID. I believe its a misdemeanour in CA for
anyone (not driving) not carry a DL/ID.

Michael Clements puts it much better than I do.

The Economist regularly  publishes a "freedom table"
that ranks countries by civil liberties. The US isn't
on the top.

The question is, do you care, or notice?

Craig

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/