RE: Genies Wienies, then Genies tamales, now Daytona Violet

To: "'Navid Kahangi'" <navid@interwoven.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Genies Wienies, then Genies tamales, now Daytona Violet
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:03:36 -0700
>Just for the record, there is a factory badge on my car that sez
>"daytonaviolet", not to get confused with that hideous "technoviolet"
color,
>and definitely not purple.  Definitely not!

Oh really.  According to the entry card that you wrote at Round 13, which
you chaired, the true name of the color is "Dayton Violet".  Presumably BMW
wanted to pay homage to the tremendous motorsports heritage of Dayton, OH.

Peter
(who thinks "Turquoise Pearl" sounds even worse than "Teal" and will now
refer to the color of his MR2 as "Aquafresh")