June 17 at Laguna Seca paddock

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: June 17 at Laguna Seca paddock
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:58:01 -0400
The final count at yesterday's SF Region Golden Gate Fields event was 185,
plus fun runs at the end.
        Next week on Sunday, June 17, we return to Laguna Seca on Highway
68 between Monterey and Salinas for Round 13 of our planned 18-event
season. They have our insurance certificate and we've paid all the fees.
        We will be on the paddock area.
        On the race track itself there will be a motorcycle school.
        Registration open 8 a.m.-noon (most likely unless registrar says
different. <G>)
        Start time is 9 a.m.
        92 db A max, all day.
        We will have the P.A. system operating.
        Enter the site from Highway 68. It's a steep hill.
        SCCA members only. To get past the ranger station you MUST show
your SCCA membership card, other wise there is a vehicle admission charge
of $5 to get into the Monterey County Park.
        Go Espresso is the food concessionaire located immediately adjacent
to the paddock.
                They specialize in barbeque Tri-tip, hamburgers, Hot dogs,
soft drinks, and a variety of espresso beverages including latte,
capuchinos, etc. They also have smoothies and frozen Mocha. (Alas the ice
cream truck is no longer there.)
        June weather in Monterey can be cool and foggy. Then again it might
he hot.

        There will be six (6) porta potties open and located close to the
gas pumps.
        In order to leave the paddock as we find it, we will be using flour
to line the course. Then after the event we'll fire up our three blowers to
remove the stripes.
        Navid Kahangi is chairing the event.
        Course design will be by Charlie Davis who is delighted we will
have additional space to work with than what we had last time (in November
1999).
        As usual, our organizational goal is to have a 60+ second course
and have eight run groups so no one has to shag pylons for more than an
hour or so. Obviously, perfection is not always achieved but we keep
trying.
        Unlike our last visit, the white powdery area is gone. Turns out
that was dried soap suds from a Skippy school training deal. The surface is
asphalt.

--John Kelly