Re: Autox Coverage in San Diego

To: kkelly@spss.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autox Coverage in San Diego
From: "Au H. Nguyen" <aunguyen@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 12:36:09 -0800
At 11:23 AM 12/7/00 -0800, Kelly, Katie wrote:
>Hey everybody,
>
>My friend Holly who works for the Union Tribune in San Diego just forwarded
>me this great story about autocross in San Diego. Don't have the exact URL
>for the story, but I'm sure if you click around, you'll find it.
>
>http://www.uniontrib.com/news/uniontrib/thu/index.html

Katie,

I clicked around, and this is all I found.  Is this
what passes for autocross in San Diego?

Confuzzled in San Jose,

  Au

--------

Suspected auto thief arrested in 90-mph chase

 December 7, 2000

 A routine traffic stop early yesterday turned into a police pursuit that ended
 with the arrest of a suspected car thief.

 The pursuit began after a Vista sheriff's deputy tried to stop a white Nissan
 Sentra on Santa Clara Drive just before 3 a.m., the Sheriff's Department said.
 When the deputy ran a computer check on the license plate, he learned the
 car had been reported stolen in Carlsbad on Tuesday, the department said.

 The driver refused to pull over and sped away.

 Reaching speeds of 90 mph, the driver of the stolen car led deputies and
 California Highway Patrol officers west on state Route 78 before heading
 south on Interstate 5. The chase ended in a residential area of Carlsbad, a few
 blocks from Carlsbad Village Drive, when the Sentra began experiencing
 engine problems, authorities said.

 At Harding Street and Chestnut Avenue, near Pine Elementary School, the
 driver of the Sentra jumped out, but he and several passengers were arrested.
 The passengers were released after the driver said they knew nothing about
 the stolen car, the Sheriff's Department said.

--------