Re: legislation alert!

To: mrc01@flash.net, Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: legislation alert!
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:45:12 -0700
i wont worry too much.  it is just posturing in an election year designed to
attract a little attention.

however, we have had to endure the additions of air bags, side impact
protection, rear impact protection, crash testing, padded dash, plastic
coated ignition keys, mandated 2.5 mph bumpers, safety glass, offset
steering mechanism, gas caps that dont leak in roll over, seat belts
(remember the motorized ones!), head restraints, crumple zones, etc.  thats
partly why these new cars are so heavy and expensive.

i have only a couple of those things, but i do miss'em a bit.  hopefully i
will never have to find out how much.

-James Creasy
Slip Angle Racing www.klio.net/cobra
BAPOC www.klio.net/probe