RE: '00 Slush Series Schedule

To: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>,
Subject: RE: '00 Slush Series Schedule
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:47:09 -0700 (PDT)
My experience with Kumhos has been that they sure seem to have a broad range of
acceptable pressures (i.e. weren't sensitive to small changes).  On the MR2
lower pressures seemed to help "stick" but made for a sloppier limit with
slower response (bad for slaloms or transitional stuff).  Just because you are
not rolling the tires over does not mean you are necessarily close to pressures
that will work with your car/driving style.  However, if you want a Kumho
expert opinion I'd ask someone like Kevin McCormick  who runs them all the time
on his pseudo sports car.:-)

As far as tire sizes, the Z3 2.8 Coupe I drove in Seattle had 255/40's at all 4
corners.  With a bar stiffer than stock it still had very little push problems
IMHO.  I think the pressures I ended up at were something like 38-40F/35R.
However, the car owner (Joe Goeke) ran it with pressures in the low to mid
40's.

-Andy

http://photos.yahoo.com/