G-Force R1 pressure advice

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: G-Force R1 pressure advice
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:24:54 EDT
Hey All:

Jus' wanted to try and elicit some help from the list regarding tire
pressures for my
"first" generation G-Force R1 tires.  Been trying different pressures, all
over the range of pressure scale.  What may feel good to me, seems not to be
the "fast" setting, what may be "fast" seems pretty darty (sp?).  I found out
from BFG that the first generation G-Force R1 (I have) have recommended
pressures of 40-44 cold, whereas the "new" G-Force R1 which eliminates the
steel belt in the tread in favor of fiberglas seems better at 30-34 lbs cold.
 Big difference.  Wasn't sure how many drivers even knew there were now two
models  of these R1 tires circulating.  Plus comparing pressures with others
is confusing if the tires are of different design.  My original question
though, anyone have thoughts on a successful pressure for the original
steel belted G-Force R1 ?  My '84 Supra is about 3200 lbs, rear drive,
telescope on dash to view Capris.

Don Lew
DSP #179 Supra