Re: Forward from the Auto-x list -> MR-S vs. Miata

To: Solo-2@att.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net, miata@realbig.com
Subject: Re: Forward from the Auto-x list -> MR-S vs. Miata
From: Nandaholz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:09:29 EST
In a message dated 02/10/2000 6:55:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Solo-2@att.net writes:

<< For all those following, deleting or amusing at the SM
 bashing/defending/whining I fear this will be a drop in the Pacific compared
 to the contingent of Miata drivers that will no doubt be talking/ranting
 when the Toyota Spyder/MR2 shows up for competition.  As a proud owner of a
 2000 Celica GT (Same engine/drivetrain as the MR2) and a previous Miata
 driver, I can tell you the 2450 pound Celica is faster in a straight line
 then any Miata I have ever driven.  Now that is pure SOP stopwatch, but I
 will have some Geez numbers after this weekend.

 I will even go as so far to say that if the weather is neutral that there
 will not be a Miata in the top 3 come September in Topeka.

 This is also assuming that the Toyota can make cars turn as well as go
 straight... But I think the MR2 will end up being the TypeR of GS....

 Just my impressions of Toyota's new lineup...

 Flame Suit not on... If there is heat I man enough to take it...

 Rick Cone
 I sure hope he's wrong!

 Steve Bernard
 Red '99 Miata Sport Package
 B-Stock Autocrosser - Got Cones?
 mailto:Solo-2@att.n >>

LETS GET READY TO RUMBBBBLLLEEE, bring it on Toyota, its about time, I
already dug a six foot hole in the ground for the MR-S ;) Mazda needs this
kind of competition...maybe we will get a nice 2.0 M-Tec motor or something
out of it eh?
~Nanda and UFO preparing to abduct passing MR-S's