Re: PAX Factors

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PAX Factors
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:58:26 -0600
I might imagine that Hemingway might regard our little corner of motorsport
in the games category (if it can't kill ya, it ain't a sport).

Never mind that people have been killed playing baseball and hockey. Heck,
people have been killed WATCHING baseball and hockey. But it's freak and
rare.

BTW, there may be a reason nobody can find the source or context of the
"bullfighting, mountain climbing and motor racing" quote often attributed to
Hemingway. According to writer Dan Gerber (a fair racer himself in the '60s
driving Cobras for Carroll Shelby) it was uttered by Barnaby Conrad, who
wrote very much in the same genre as Hemingway.

--Rocky Entriken (one golf game in my entire life, shot 105, handicap
unknown)