Re: Lightweight seats

To: gt40d@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Lightweight seats
From: REPilfold@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:58:53 EST
In a message dated 1/30/2005 9:55:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
gt40d@yahoo.com writes:
but
can't imagine a Kirkey would work...
Hi Charlie,

Don't knock the kirkey type seat too badly. What they do better than the
sparco type is keep you in place during sudden, violent, direction changes
(Solo
2). No more jamming your left knee against the door panel. With a well fitting
kirkey type seat the only need for seat belts is under braking.

Kirkeys come in S, M, L. You need a seat that fits you and that is a Butler
Racing seat. You send Butler a bunch of critical body dimensions and they will
make a kirkey type seat that will fit you like a glove. One side effect to
this is that you will become diet conscious, if you put on 15# in the wrong
places you'll need a new seat :-)

 I have used a Butler since the '80s. My longest journey was 700 miles only
stopping for gas and a pee. Driving for 10/11 hours in a fully Street Prepared
car leaves you with a ringing in the ears, every muscle in your body tingling
and the least of the problems is a slightly numb butt. A Butler may cost a
little more than a Kirkey, but it's worth every penny.

Butler Racing, Harrisberg, NC. Last time I called them (704) 455-6015 got me
there.

I am in no way connected with Butler, just a very satisfied customer.

Richard Pilfold
To win is nice, to race is enough.
Giancarlo Reggazoni