Re: ax-digest V1 #1549

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ax-digest V1 #1549
From: Mike Smith <msmith6372@wowway.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 02:14:51 -0500
In the STU (before it was officially SM), there used to be such a rule.
However, it becomes obvious that since, in some locations, your registration's
status of being "legal" depended on passing emissions testing, it meant that if
you defeated the emissions post-registration, you just made your registration
illegal, thusly, illegal for SM too, making a non-working emissions car from a
location that required it for legal registration protestable.

And, since SP didn't require emissions equipment, and that which is legal in SP
is, by default, legal in SM, the requirement for legal registrations in SM had
to go.

Mike
GS 82

Alan wrote:

>> Pardon the intrusion, but....
>>
>> Are not the below two statements incompatible?  I
>> believe SM requires
>> a street-legal registration, or at least it used to?

I don't find anything in the SM rules (or S or SP for
that matter)that requires registration.

>> Excellent car, but this shows how "Street Prepared"
>> really got away
>> from actually street drivable cars.  SP = Seriously
>> Prepped"

Lots of SP cars show this...

Charlie