Re: Wheels

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: Paul and Meredith Brown <racers@rt66.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:47:15 -0700
>Thanks to all who have helped me in selecting wheels for my Miata.  It has
>just come to my attention that I am a moron...well, actually I figured this
>out ages ago...
>
>My car has OEM 16's NOT 17's.  I would like to stay stock so I would need
>something that works here.  Any recommendations?
>
>Thank you for letting me hit you all up for the SECOND time with the SAME dumb
>question.
>
>Brad Pyatt
>Park Place PORSCHE - Sales Consultant
>214-525-5488 - Desk
>214-282-2960 - Mobile
>214-443-8279 - Fax
>bpyatt@parkplacetexas.com
>www.parkplacetexas.com

If you are looking for 16X6.5's, I don't know of anything in the
aftermarket.  Everything I've found starts at 16X7.  That's certainly true
for Volks.  There are probably ways to do it with a modular wheel, but
Bogart can't do that offset in such a narrow wheel.  They'd need a
negative-width outer rim half, which they don't seem to have available
(they've been on order from Huck and Chuck for several years now).

Miatas, Minis, and WRXs are all in the same boat on these.  I think Mark
Chiles got Panasport to make him some wheels, but I'm not sure it actually
saved him any weight over the stockers.  If you want to order 100 sets, I
can hook you up with the Volk people - they'll make anything if you buy in
that quantity.

Paul and Meredith Brown

MR2:  "Not the easiest car in the world to work on"