Re: too much tire

To: bpariza@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: too much tire
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <mr.beachcomber@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:51:05 -0400
Bob, the recommended  rim width range for the 315/35-17 tire is 10.5" to
12.5" according to my BFG engineering data.    The 9" rim is way too
small to allow the tire to work as designed.  I've had fellow Corvettes
drivers try a similar scheme over the years as soon as the ZR-1 came out
with the 315/35-17 tire standard on the rear wheels (on an 11" rim).
They would try mounting the 315/35-17 tire on the stock 9.5" rims with
disastrous results.  No real improvement in times, excessive wear near
the edges, and really mushy handling.  A real waste of dollars IMHO.

- Greg Smith, '89 BSP Corvette