Re: DC Tour and Sponosr Decals

To: <Talus9998@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DC Tour and Sponosr Decals
From: "Chuck" <golden1@britsys.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:56:51 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <Talus9998@aol.com>
To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 7:08 AM
Subject: DC Tour and Sponosr Decals

> Hey all,
> This weekend will be my first National Tour and I know there are certain
> decals which must be run on the car.  My questions are:
>
> Where and when do you get the decals?  Registration?  Free?
>
> Are there any which must go on the painted portion of the car? fender,
door,
> etc...  If so I'll need to pick up some magnetic sheet today for these.
>
> Any info is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> John Winchester

The required decals are available at the tech trailer. Some are free, there
are two or three that cost ~ 1.00 each. All but the windshield banner need
to go on the side or nose of the car so do bring some magnetic sheet and a
pair of scissors if you plan to reuse then for another event. They are of a
low tack type adhesive so if you need to put them on the paint, just stick
it onto your shirt first to make them easier to remove after. Contingency
decals must be obtained from the company offering the contingency usually
after submitting a program registration sheet prior to the event you claim
an award for. Hoosier Tom usually has Hoosier decals with him if you are
running Hoosiers, but you'll still need to have a registration sheet on file
with them prior to the event. I can only assume that all the contingency
program info is still on the "new and improved" SCCA web site??? Make sure
your number and class markings meet at least the minimum requirements, and
are easily read from a distance if you want to be scored properly, DC is a
BIG course, so don't give the workers eye strain.
Have fun! If you have any questions or want someone to talk to stop by and
say Hi! We drive the blue Celica with the "Capt America" graphics in GS #92,
192 this weekend.
Chuck and Donna Frank