Re: Hoosier S04

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hoosier S04
From: "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 16:58:09 -0700
Brian Garfield wrote:
> Can anyone accurately give me some idea of how different the
> handling/pressures are going to be going from the S03 to S04?  I'm taking
> first runs on a set at the D.C. Tour.
> I've seen mixed reviews as to whether the tire is faster/slower/same, do
we
> have any legitimate proof yet?

Brian,

I can't give you accurate anything, as we are still experimenting.  But we
are on our second set of A3S04s, although in different sizes than the first
set due to lack of availability of our preferred size.

Based on talking to other people and on our own experiences, it looks like
something around 5psi higher than the A3S03s is appropriate for pressures,
at least as a starting point.

As far as faster or slower, completely unscientific again, but at each of
the national events this year where we have run (SD Tour, SB Pro, Atwater
Pro, Atwater Tour), we have switched back and forth between the 04s and the
03s ... but sizes have been anything but consistent.

However, last weekend at the Atwater Tour, we ran the 04s on Saturday and
the 03s on Sunday, and it appears that if we compare ourselves with other
people, we slowed down on Sunday.  The 03s have markedly better turn-in
response, noticeable especially in slaloms, but the 04s turn in better
times.

Josh