Seeking used Da'lan '91 MR2 Trailer hitch

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Seeking used Da'lan '91 MR2 Trailer hitch
From: Chad Bersche <chad@bersche.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:55:50 -0600
First, thanks to all that have responded to my previous post searching
for a hitch for the '91 MR2 that I inherited.  I was THIS close to
getting a Da'lan one used, but a few of the important parts (like the
ball mount) are playing hide-and-seek with the current owner.  However,
I figured it might be worth another posting to see if anyone happens to
have, or know someone that does, a Da'lan hitch for the '91 MR2.
According to the info I was directed to, it's Mfr Item Number is
247226.  New ones are available, but for $260-280, I'd rather put some
money towards other parts that are needed.

I'm definitely getting a hitch, but would prefer to check out the budget
alternatives first.  I've found a local shop that will install one for
me, if I'm unable to find a local lift that would make getting to the
underside easier than crawling around on the ground.

Thanks again to everyone for their help, and if the stars are aligned
right, maybe I'll get lucky on this posting as well.

  -- Chad