Re: #1 Cars in ASP and BSP?

To: "Michael O'Neal" <emptyo@whirledmedia.com>
Subject: Re: #1 Cars in ASP and BSP?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:35:52 -0500
At 02:37 PM 2/19/2004 -0700, Michael O'Neal wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Can someone furnish me with approximate competition weights, horsepower,
>and wheel/tire size (Assuming fully prepped) of the ASP Lotus and Z06, and
>the BSP M3, and whatever else is seen as "the" car in BSP?
>
>Thank you,
>

>mto

Ancient History Lesson:

1986 ASP winning 1974 Lotus Europa
1650 lbs (approximate) plus driver
HP 110  (at best since the stock engine was about to "blow up" and it had
stock intake, carbs, exhaust, and ignition)
13 x 5.5 inch wheels with 205x60 Hoosier Autocrossers
Stock suspension except for rear sway bar, taller/stiffer rear springs, and
cheap Koni and Spax shocks
Driven to Salina, KS from Raleigh, NC and back to Raleigh (on real street
tires)

Probably couldn't win HS now

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85