GM favored by SCCA?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: GM favored by SCCA?
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:28:11 -0500
I think the issue is that GM sells LOTS of Corvettes, lots of drivers
like 'em and want to race 'em. When Corvettes are the dominant marque in
SS, the numbers are very high in that class, nationally, and locally.
When some expensive or esoteric marque dominates the class, the Vettes
disappear and the numbers plummet precipitously in the class. It's that
simple.

Incidentally, if you talk to the GM guys they complain that SCCA
historically have discriminated against Corvettes in favor of foreign
brands. The lesson here is, that if everyone is mad at SCCA they are
probably doing something right.

Ben Thatcher
http://ApexBenefits.biz

<Some GM products get pretty favorable classing but I've never seen any
sponsorship of an SCCA event by GM. Mazda & TRD & Subaru put up
contingency money as do some other companies but they don't seem to get
the favorable treatment that is shown to GM. >