History

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: History
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 00:38:51 -0700
> The name "team.net" came considerably later than the mailing list,
> actually.  That might have been closer to '92.

Do a whois lookup on the domain, and you'll see that the date was
April 11, 1991.  So the domain name and I share a birthday.

Back then, we had to tell folks that the "dot was not silent" - what a
difference a decade makes.

One of the things I plan to do RealSoonNow is get the missing decade or
so into the HTML archive.  Yep, RealSoonNow.  But first I need to dig out
some old HP hardware so I can read the 1/4 tape cartridges where a lot of
it is stored.

mjb.