Re: Turbo Cars in SP

To: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Subject: Re: Turbo Cars in SP
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:00:53 -0500
>> The simplest solution is to not go where the problem is. If limits
cannot
>> be enforced, stop trying. Allow boost controllers, allow whatever boost
>> increase they can get (they are limited to the amount of flow provided
by
>> the stock turbo, which is a hard limit, so this isn't an infinate power
>> knob) and allow whatever power increase comes out of that. If it is
>> excessive for a given car in a given class, then reclass the car.

> Ok, also fair enough.  Trouble is, one can claim they are making stock
> boost, and therefore don't need reclassed.  And the whole argument about
> classing "types" of cars vs. performance starts again...

Not it doesn't. We're not talking about a blanket reclass of every single
turbo car.

1) Make boost controllers open in SP (while keeping the requirement to run
a Stock turbo and a Stock wastegate actuator)

2) Observe performance at the end of each season.

3) If a troublesome *SPECIFIC* car appears, reclass it *SPECIFICALLY*.

Simple. Easy. And best of all, cheap.

DG