Re: 2004 Neon SRT-4 Classing

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2004 Neon SRT-4 Classing
From: Davard@aol.com
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 14:01:45 -0500
>Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:17:11 EST
>From: Seadentx@aol.com
>Subject: 2004 Neon SRT-4 Classing
>
>The '04 SRT-4 has a Quaife LSD which the '03 really needed.
>
>Where will it be classed, DS with the Type R's and WRX's or ???.
>
>Do you think it will be competitive?
>
>Just curious...........
>
>Jim

I would think it is still in DS. The LSD (or lack thereof) wasn't what kept
(keeps) the SRT-4
from being competitive. It's the program director who seems to think that SRT-4
owners will only use the car for rallying,hence the ride height higher than
even the base Neon, and the 6" wide wheels (when the competition all run 17 x
7s).

Drop the car an inch, put some reasonable wheels and sway bars on the car, and
it would be more competitive, maybe even capable of winning occasionally. But
it still weighs 3000lbs.

David Avard