Hoosier tire pressures?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Hoosier tire pressures?
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:32:24 -0700
I'm looking for some collective wisdom on Hoosier radial tire
pressures. For years I've ran A3S03s on a 6" rim on my Miata. With that
combination pressures in the 42-44 psi range seemed to work well. This
year I've also tried running this same size tire (225-45/15) on two
completely different cars and wonder how (or if) I should change the
pressure to match.

Car "A" weighs 2250 lbs and has 15x8.5" rims, car "B" weighs 3200 lbs
and has 15x7" rims. Any suggestions as to how I should set the
pressures for each? My gut says that the wider the wheel the lower the
pressure needed and the heavier the car the higher the pressure needed
but I don't have any scientific basis for my guesses. Anyone have any
real-world experience?

Thanks,

- Alan Dahl