MR2/Toyota number supersession, was: SEB-Update/Backdate in

To: Mari Clements <mrndr2@earthlink.net>,
Subject: MR2/Toyota number supersession, was: SEB-Update/Backdate in
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:13:47 -0400
Mari,

The -74030 and -74022 are indeed Camry type numbers (V6 I think).
I would wager money that the -74022 supercedes to the -74030 and
becomes legal (and knowing Toyota I bet the -74030 goes to
a -74031 or 32 or 33). Still legal. IMO, of course, it's been a
while since being a parts manager (thank, goodness!). I do still
have me second gen MR2 parts fiches (and reader!). Knowing the
kisen (sp) relationship that the Japanese manufacturers have,
those Millennia wheels could have come from a Toyota company.
Honda Insight batteries are made by Toyota.

Matt Murray