Diagnostic help - no AX content

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diagnostic help - no AX content
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:12:44 -0500
Hi gang,

Need some help figuring out why my wife's '97 Taurus won't start. Drove
it to get her some gas on a 95 degree day started and ran fine. Then
after the fill-up the solenoid would click, but the starter wouldn't
turn over.

Jump started it and it died as soon as the jumper cables were removed.
So I can't meassure the voltage while it's running. Voltage at the
battery is only 9.0

Is there another way to test the alternator? Could the alternator have
gone and taken the battery with it? Alternator is 3 months old. (last
one had a bad bearing)

Isn't the best course of action replace battery and then measure the
voltage while running?

Thanks,