Re: [evolution-disc.] UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:22:30 -0400
--On Wednesday, June 25, 2003 9:29 PM -0500 Jay Mitchell
<jemitchell@compuserve.com> wrote:
> ALL rules are arbitrary. They can't possibly please everybody. I don't
> think you'll find anyone who agrees with every rule in their class. Rules
> are not there to make us all happy, they're there to define the
> boundaries. Regardless of the boundaries you set, you'll have some folks
> who think you allow too much and others who think you don't allow enough.

My favorite statement along these lines comes from the Champ Car Stars of
Tomorrow rules primer at
http://www.cartstars.com/docs/rulesprimer030120.pdf:

"It is not the intent for Stars to have regulations and policies that
strive to make everyone happy. Rather, we wish to provide reasonable,
tested rules and regulations in accordance with our mission and to execute
these rules faithfully over the long term. We welcome reasonable,
constructive feedback to this end."

Yes, I read other people's rulebooks too.

Mark