Differing tire sizes

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Differing tire sizes
From: "Chris Hammond" <christoc@christoc.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 20:45:47 -0500
Alright, it's time to order some tires for my 350z now that I have
almost procured a set of wheels. The question I have is this. The stock
17" wheels are 7.5 front and 8" rear. The stock tires I believe are 225
and 235. I was thinking about ordering 245s all the way around, in the
Victoracer's. But people keep telling me that using matching tires all
the way around may upset the car dynamics. In the 4 events I have run
thus far I have not noticed the understeer/push that people have
complained about in the 350Zs. I was thinking that if it were to push it
could be caused by lack of front grip, and excessive rear grip? I have
only run the car on streets thus far, so I realize that R-Compounds will
likely change everything.

On my Camaro I tried running 245s in front and 265s in back and thought
it really pushed like a pig, I found running 245s all the way around to
be a suitable setup. The wheels on the camaro though were 16x8's.

So, if anyone has any opinions on this please weigh in, I need to get
some tires ordered here in the next few days. Thanks

Chris
www.solo2.org <http://www.solo2.org/>