Re: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Bonus Point?

To: autox@autox.team.net, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Bonus Point?
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:00:10 EDT
In a message dated 5/27/03 12:41:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
awhollis@swbell.net writes:

> And if you agree with Erik, write a letter (e-mail).
>
> Only, don't send it to the SEB this time, send it to the Pro Solo folks.
> hduncan@scca.com and tgoodale@scca.com
>
> And while you are at it, weigh in on changes to affect Finale qualification
> for next year so we don't have a repeat of this year's issue.  Personally, I
> like the idea of best 3 out of 4 rather than the quick-fix solution they've
> had to adopt for this year.
>
> --Andy

I certainly agree with Andy's suggestion to make your opinions known to
Howard and Tasha.  Just as a point of additional information, I believe when
the change was made (for the '01 ProSolo season, IIRC) to 2 out of 3 events
for points instead of the previous 3 out of 4, the reasoning was to increase
entry numbers.  There were a lot of complaints at the time that having to
travel to a minimum of 3 events was a real hardship for some people,
depending on where they lived and how close those 3 events might be.

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.......now the newfound
popularity of the series and increased entry numbers are biting us in the
backside.  If we go back to 3 out of 4 events for points, we won't really know

if that will negatively affect attendance, and by how much, until we're
already
into next season.  As a long-time Pro participant, I'd really like to see the
3/4 points setup return, as I think it's a fairer way to determine season-end
champions.  It helps to offset the inequalities that can come into play when
certain classes are more closely contested in one part of the country than
another.  Having said that, I realize that from the organizers' point of view
there are several other things that will have to be factored into the
decision.

ProSolo has been on its deathbed more than once in the years since
Valvoline left as series sponsor and the series has had to at least break
even
to continue to survive.  That's why many of the format and rules changes
have been implemented, to try to assure the survival of the series itself.

GH