Re: Flat panel display question

To: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>, "Teamdotnet"
Subject: Re: Flat panel display question
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:18:50 -0700
For CalClub's timing and scoring, I have 2 15" flat panels, one used inside
a motorhome for the announcer (connected to the primary timing laptop) and
one used to display results outside in the shade.  I looked at a lot and
being on somewhat of a budget got GEM brand from Fry's Electronics.  They
are among the lowest cost, but comparing them in the store they were
actually brighter than many costing twice as much, and I saw no real
difference in clarity.  I also used one for some time on my home computer
when it's monitor died and was very happy with it doing graphics and playing
games, but they are not as crisp as a CRT.  They get hauled around alot and
have had no problems.  You can look at specs all day, but nothing beats
looking at them in a store side by side and seeing which looks best to you.
IMHO

Rick Brown
F125 & BM D Sports Racer