Re: Registration Stuff

To: <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Registration Stuff
From: "Dave Kizerian" <davekizerian@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:21:29 -0600
> I had found that URL a few weeks earlier and it didn't allow me to
register.
> So when it did allow me to register 2 days ago, it seemed to me that it
was
> fair game. From talking to MyAutoEvents.com employees, it seems that this
> assumption was premature by 3 days, but I don't think 3 days will matter
in
> the big picture.

Unless that 'Big Picture' includes not gathering correct information, not
storing the information at all, or other such problems. But it's just three
days!!

As a webmaster/programmer/DBA  I'd have to say 2 things

1) there should be ZERO exposure to the public until you're 100% ready to
have people hitting your pages, just because there is no link to the page
doesn't mean no one will visit it

2) People that snoop around sites, find pages that are not supposed to be
seen yet, and then expose them on a public forum should have their computer
privileges removed!   =)
lets see how great your Statistical skills are on an  abacus Jeff!!!   =)

Dave Kizerian
URSCCA