Re: T-Rex

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: T-Rex
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 01:23:37 -0500
Okay, okay already, for the 27 people who felt the need to point out that
most Isettas have four wheels.

;-)

So do most Morgans.

SOME Isettas were made with 3 wheels. So were SOME Morgans. So is the T-Rex.
Therefore, the T-Rex is comparable to the 3-wheel versions (however rare) of
those other marques, which in bodywork, seating, steering, etc. may have all
the appearance of cars that just happen to be made minus one wheel.

The point of the discussion is not whether or not most of these marques have
four wheels, but that those models with just three are not solo-legal.

They are, from a legal (licensing) point of view, motorcycles. It does not
matter if the two seats are side-by-side or front-to-back, or even fully
enclosed (as the front-door, 3-wheel version of the Isetta was).

--Rocky (Road raced my Spitfire as a 3-wheeler once. 'Course it didn't get
very far.... :-)