Re: Internet privacy??? was Re: Insurance

To: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>, "Alan Pozner"
Subject: Re: Internet privacy??? was Re: Insurance
From: "Brian Berryhill" <bikepoet@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:10:04 -0600
Something I would encourage all region webmasters to do is to use a
robots.txt file in the root folder specifying which directories search
engines are not supposed to look in.

For example,
http://www.msscca.org/robots.txt

Shows this:

Disallow: /results/
Disallow: /points/

And this tells search engines to not go digging around in the results
folders and points folders and indexing things, such as names of drivers.

I still think its lawsuit territory though, because there's always a chance
you're autocrossing the same kind of car or have the same name as someone
else.  Insurance rates are determined by VIN, and that's not part of autox
registration.

Brian