backspace question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: backspace question
From: "51sts90CivicSi" <51sts90CivicSi@direcway.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:18:28 -0500
Here is a question for you smart and experienced racers from a stupid and
inexperienced(8 autox's) near racer. My original wheels were 5" wide with 4
1/4" backspace; my current wheels as 7" with 5" backspace and barely fit on
the backside but do fit. The 15x7's thus increase my track by ~2". Available
for purchase are 13x8 with 4 1/4" backspace. This would easily fit but
increases my track by 6". Is this safe on things like bearings and
suspension parts. I only drive car at events and to and from so accelerated
wear would not bother me unless it were to a point that breakdown
frequentley occured. Thankyou in advance for any advice