Iridium, was: XM or Sirius?

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Iridium, was: XM or Sirius?
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 08:16:22 -0500
Can you say Iridium Satellite Phones? Tons of money to launch and
place the system. Problem? The consumer phones were expensive as
was the month/per call charges were very high. Even a non-MBA
like myself could figure this out.  :^)

As I've written this, I went to their site
http://www.iridium.com/ . Links to various providers like this:
http://www.gddecisionsystems.com/satelliteservices/ . Still
expensive. DoD provider and industrial applications (or people
with too much money). They only reason I know too much of this is
that Speedvision (used to be a cool channel) broadcast a bunch of
the Iridium satellite launches. The best was one that was
terminated a few seconds after launch.  :^)

Matt Murray