RE: [evolution-disc.] Sportmanship and Protests (Kinda long but

To: autox@autox.team.net, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Sportmanship and Protests (Kinda long but
From: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:28:37 -0400
: -----Original Message-----
: From: Rick Cone [mailto:rickcone@bellsouth.net]
: Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 3:19 PM
: To: autox@autox.team.net; evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com;
: Madurski, Ronald M.
: Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Sportmanship and Protests
: (Kinda long but
: worth the read)
:
: >> I "bitched about" a competitor using the process in (again IMHO) an
: unsportsmanlike
: manner. <<

You may want to check out who it is that you are talking to...

:
: You showed up with an illegal car at Nationals.

Nope.

: One of your competitors followed the rules and procedures

Yup.

: (that you did not)

Nope.

: and protested you.

Nope.

: You were given a DSQ.

Nope, I got the 5th place trophy :-)

:
: You got home and explained how the protestee was unsportsmanlike.

Yup.

:
: Perhaps the true sportsman would have said something like,
: we're going to
: get it fixed , and come back even stronger next year and let
: everything else
: drop.

Nothing to fix in my case.  Had I been protested that is what I would have
done.

Ron (not protested this time :-)  Madurski
FM 124