Re: A push for the SCCA SEB

To: PbPied@aol.com
Subject: Re: A push for the SCCA SEB
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:02:43 -0500
> I feel strongly that at this point, if the Solo Events Board does anything
> other than approve F125 as a National Class, it will severely impact their
> credibility.  Add your voice for approval.  You will be doing more than
> helping me and the 110+ F125 drivers across the country.

A word of support, not necessarily for Karts, but for the even handed
execution of the rules.  I think this is the main message of my cold-footed
friend, not doing a sales job on Karts.  (Can a hot-shoe have cold feet?)

Opening itself up to critisicm by un-predictable exectution of the rules is
not something SCCA needs.  Depending on the personalities that reside in the
affected classes, wild and un-founded accusations will certainly fly.  (We
all you who you are too!)  :)

If the rule has been met, than F125 should immediately be granted full
status.  If it is so cut and dry of a rule, than it should have been
announced at the banquet.  Done deal.  The dark side of this
stand-up-and-fly-right argument is that we should also see some classes on
probationary status for next year.  I personally think "credibility" is a
big word.

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer