Re: Short seating at banquets

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Short seating at banquets
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:46:21 EDT
Rocky and others have commented on the problem...

>From my perspective, NO WAY should there be an expectation of
only 800 for the Wednesday night banquet.  It should be anticipated
that in addition to all of the competitors and families from the first
two days, drivers from the 2nd group will be coming to see and have
dinner with friends running Tu/We.

Eight hundred seats Weds?  Not nearly adequate.

Friday night, that number might suffice.  Certainly the last banquet of
the week has nowhere near the potential of Wednesday to draw a
capacity crowd.

One more thing: Why oh why is the Friday night banquet held in the
miserable ice arena?  Does it cost less than the banquet hall?

In the arena, the acoustics are miserable.  Depending on where you sit
(and this is mostly a chance thing), you can hear and understand the
speakers, or you can hear only multiple echoes and understand little if any
of the words.

The temporary floor is noisy as people walk by, and, as some of us with
wet feet found out, it's cold too.  The arena is barely adequate for a low-
budget party.  I don't think that the Friday awards banquet qualifies as
that type of event.

Alan