RE: [kcautox] RE: minor rant

To: "Knuckledragger" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>,
Subject: RE: [kcautox] RE: minor rant
From: "William P. \(Pat\) Mitchell" <wpm@h2olab.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:24:59 -0500
Your other option is to hire an attorney, have them call the prosecuter.
Most jurisdictions only want money. Usually double fine will get it reduced
to nonmoving violation. Sometimes it takes school too if its over 20 over
the limit etc. But you are out attorney fees puls costs plus double fine.
You save points and insurance costs.
consider this - If you are self employed (the more you work the more you
earn) and drive 45,000 miles per year. If you speed 10% all of the time and
average 60 mph. You are in the car 45,000 minutes per year or 750 hours.
You saved 10% of the time by speeding. 10% of 60 = 54 mph average speed
limit for 45,000 miles per year = 833 hours.  833 hours at the limit vs 750
hours = 83 hours or just over 2 weeks of work. If you make $50,000 on 50
weeks (you do give yourself a vacation don't you?) or $1000/week. two weeks
of extra work (instead of sitting in the car) = $2000 per year you can
afford in speeding TAX by working all of the time you saved. The more you
make or drive the more you can afford to pay. The math I used is simplified
but close enough. You have to deduct/add time and income for those
jurisidictions that vary from the average and count time spent with your
attorney (Call him/her from the car!). And you thought Attorneys have no
redeaming value!

Pat Mitchell
Lake of the Ozarks
cs miata soon to be sm2 turbo miata