Re: Nationals: Pledge of Allegiance

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>, ".Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nationals: Pledge of Allegiance
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:16:10 -0400
It may have been Doug Gill's daughter.
Matt Murray

If anyone cares, here is what I read after "America The
Beautiful" before the National Anthem on Wednesday morning, Sept.
11th. It was part of an editorial opinion in The Hartford Courant
from the Sunday edition. No, I did not ask permission to reprint.

Today, some will go to services or attend communal gatherings
marking each moment of terror. Some will spend the day in
museums, at concerts, reading from among the many books published
since the event or watching special programs on television. Some,
like Lisa Beamer, widow of a Flight 93 passenger, will mark the
day reflectively, surrounded by her children. Some will ignore
the calendar. A few will exploit the day's commercial potential.
The majority, according to the Time/CNN poll, will display
American flags and spend the day praying by themselves.

That's the beauty of America. When someone asks, "What will you
do on Sept. 11? " each of us is free to answer: "Anything I
wish."

http://www.ctnow.com/news/opinion/hc-preparefor911.artsep08.story