speeding and taxes

To: Auto Cross <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: speeding and taxes
From: James Rogerson <jrogerson@houston.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:53:32 -0500
In Texas we recognized that speeding tickets are a central source of
revenue (a form of taxation if they budget for the revenue) for small
towns.  Accordingly we set a limit to how much revenue a jurisdiction can
have versus their total other taxed revenue stream.  Once the exceed the
limit they can no longer agressively write tickets.  So, January to about
August be on guard.  Last quarter you have a larger bubble to flirt with.

So yes, speeding tickets can be a form of taxation.  All a municipality or
jurisdiction needs to do to is budget for the anticipated revenue and they
turn it into taxation.  If they treat it as windfall money, than they could
say it wasn't a form of taxation.

And it's every Americans duty to reduce government spending and taxation.

James Rogerson
  [FP #125] - Tekless Racing
jrogerson@houston.rr.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertle
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"When law and morality contradict one another, the citizen has the cruel
alternative of either losing his sense of morality or losing his respect
for the law."  - Federic Bastiat