Refunds! and Thanks

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Refunds! and Thanks
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:44:33 -0400
Frist things first. I still haven't heard from the following as
to whether they would like the Driver To Nationals donation to be
refunded or forwarded to the Team.net server fund:
Chris Teague
Jim Daniels
Steven Burkett

Others have pledges, but since we were waiting to hear from Jim,
I don't believe anything was sent. Okay, with that out of the
way, on to the mushy stuff.

I was and am blown away by how quickly and generously people
stepped forward to help Jim get to Nationals. By the time Jim
replied to decline our offer we were over $700. (change your mind
now, Jim?  :^)    ). At a time when we are all starting to think
about hings from a year ago, and how lucky we are to be able to
do our little sport (heck, just to get up each morning), it is
overwhelming. Jim mentioned being touched and moved by our
actions, and I and just as moved. Whether you were on Team.net or
the Evo list, people offered assistance. Let's just hope the
person interviewing Jim next week, sees what kind of person he
is, and the kind of people he hangs out with.

FWIW, the State of Connecticut held a ceremony today right near
my house. I was unable to attend, but my thought s went back to
that Tuesday morning. Ironic as we were playing the National
Anthem at Forbes, the first plane hit.

A year later so much has changed for better and for worse. We
realize how important all of us are both friends and our nation.
We are stronger as a nation and more sensitive to our fellow
human beings. We'll help a fellow autocrosser up to the starting
line. Try to beat the pants off them in between the start and
finish beams, and then cheer them on after they finish or on the
podium.

So good luck to Jack, Mark, Howard, Gerry, and the rest of H
Stock next week. I'm going to try to be the fastest in between
the beams. Travel safely to all.

Next Tuesday and Wednesday will be emotional days for Solo 2 and
our country. Remember our heros.

Matt Murray

I would REALLY like to see a KC-130 squad due a fly-over Forbes
on Tuesday or Wednesday at about 7:46 central. Anybody got any
high placed friends with the Kansas Air National Guard?  :^)