Re: 9/11 Remembrance in Topeka

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "Fine, Kim" <kimfine@teletech.com>,
Subject: Re: 9/11 Remembrance in Topeka
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 14:44:59 -0500
> Where can we buy Raymond stuff?  I assume the royalties will go to the
> family.
>
> Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA

AFAIK, there is none such. My tee was a gift a few years ago from Diane
Case, who at the time was the editor of the NNJ newsletter and who has also
helped me assemble a good collection of Raymond cartoons. At that time, the
tee was out of production but she found me one because I was such a fan. It
has since taken on added meaning. I've never been one much for lucky icons,
but I've taken to wearing Raymond whenever I race.

For those who may be interested, there is a website,
http://www.hazlitt.org/united/ devoted to the people who were on United
Flight 93. It includes short profiles at
http://www.hazlitt.org/united/whotheywere.html which include both Joe DeLuca
and Linda Gronlund. They also asked permission to reprint my DeLuca piece
that ran as a SportsCar Spotlight about four months earlier. There are links
under Joe's name to both that and a site that has a lot of Raymond cartoons.

NNJ's website also has a DeLuca page with links to many of his 'toons. Joe
granted blanket permission to all SCCA Regions to reprint his toons. We're
doing that from the earliest ones we could find. We're up to late '87 at the
moment -- Raymond is having his first misadventures as a race car driver in
his Sunbeam Tiger. My collection in this period has a lot of holes in it.
One I wish I could find is when Raymond loses his brakes at Lime Rock --
"Bet you lost a lot of fluids," says a corner worker; "Heck, who wouldn't?"
replies Raymond.

--Rocky Entriken